Elegance! What a lovely bag to hold your left over threads or 'Orts'. Softly coloured overdyed silk creates a field of tulips at the bottom, a band of tiny pink tulips near the middle, and a band of cream satin stitches with Diamond Eyelets.. all create a feeling of exquisite beauty. The matching scissors fob is a work of art all by itself. The tulip motifs with the same overdyed silks look especially gorgeous! The ladies in Linda's stitching group were used to having a plain glass jar to hold their “orts” or leftover threads, and she thought they should have something prettier. So when she saw this bags' shape she thought it looked like a tulip just beginning to open it’s petals. Since Spring is her favorite season, she designed her Ort Bag in this fresh shape. This is Linda's first design for the Victoria Sampler. The soft green reminds us of the fresh grass, the gold the warming sun, and the tulip motifs of the flowers emerging from the earth. I just know you’ll have fun creating your own tulip-shaped Ort Bag for your next gathering of stitchers, or guild retreat..! :) - Thea
- Design Area: 50h x 76w (3.5"high x 5.4"wide)
- Model: 28ct Cashel Linen, 'Summer Khaki'
- Cut fabric: 4 pieces the same - 7"wide X 9"high for finishing
- Gloriana silk #134 - “Summer Smoke”
- Kreinik #4 Braid #102 - vatican gold
- Kreinik Mori #0434 - green
- Needlepoint Inc. #0152 - turquoise Needlepoint Inc. #0877- cream
- Needlepoint Inc. #0888 - pink
- DMC #12 Perle Cotton #642 - beige grey dk
- DMC #12 Perle Cotton #778 - antique mauve vy lt
- #24 tapestry needle
- pink cotton lining fabric for the inside of the bag
Copyright Reminder: As a quick reminder, all of our PDF patterns are copyright protected and – as with all our patterns – are not permitted to be copied or distributed. We appreciate you sharing links here with your friends rather than sharing the actual PDFs :) Thank you!