You'll love this beautiful new Summer Welcome Banner! The little blossoms on the elegant alphabet letters really speak of home and generous hospitality. The colours are soft and antique looking, overdyed silks make this piece an instant heirloom. The frame around the letters includes a beautiful vine with some specialty stitch flowers in matching colours, herringbone stitches and plait stitches, four corners of satin stitches with sweet floral buttons, and some lovely drawn thread bands as the piece de resistance of the whole banner.
You can finish it with calico and dupioni silk strips sewn together in a quilted banner, or you can frame it or use bellpull hardware to hang it in your hallway. This would be a beautiful gift to give to a newly married couple for their home or to give to your best friend when she moves into a new condo. The stitches are a wonderful challenge, but not too difficult for most stitchers. Enjoy working this sampler and create an heirloom of welcome! - Linda
Model: 28ct Cashel Linen, 'Raw'
Cut fabric: 21"wide X 11"high for finishing
- DMC #12 Perle Cotton#644 - beige grey med
- Gloriana silk #134 “Summer’n Smoke”- multi
- Kreinik Mori #1096 - rose dk
- Kreinik Mori #4216 - olive green dk
- Needlepoint Inc. #0554 - yellow
- Gloriana silk #091 “Raspberry Parfait” - pinks
- Gloriana silk #098 “Peach Blush”- peaches
- Needlepoint Inc. #0972 - brown grey lt
- Needlepoint Inc. #0893 - lilac med
- Mill Hill seed beads #03021 - royal pearl
- Flower Button - Heirloom champagne
Additional Materials Needed
- 28ct Cashel Linen, 'Raw'
- #7 Straw/Miliner's needle
- #24 tapestry needle
- #10 short beading needle
Copyright Reminder: As a quick reminder, all of our PDF patterns are copyright protected and – as with all our patterns – are not permitted to be copied or distributed. We appreciate you sharing links here with your friends rather than sharing the actual PDFs :) Thank you!
Payment & Security
Su información de pago se procesa de forma segura. No almacenamos los detalles de la tarjeta de crédito ni tenemos acceso a la información de su tarjeta de crédito.