Find some wooden spools in grandma’s sewing box, or in your local antique shop, and make these adorable Spool “banner” ornaments this year! They are perfect for the seamstress or stitcher, and will add some cutwork and colour to your tree. Each simple ornament is lovingly created with overdyed reds, greens and cream threads, gold metallic braid, using fun and easy specialty stitches and beads for extra sparkle! Line and drape them over some wooden spools to create these fun ornaments for your tree. This is another fast stitch and finish for those of you who have little time during the holidays! - Linda
Model: 28ct Cashel Linen, 'Cream'
Cut fabric: 9"h X 5"w linen for Bellpull OR 14"h x 5"w for spool ornament finishing
- Gloriana silk #117 “Elizabethan Greens”
- Gloriana silk #156 “Bordeaux” - reds
- Gloriana 4mm silk ribbon #146 “Gilded Pink”
- Kreinik #4 Braid #002 metallic - gold
- DMC Floss #ecru - ecru
- DMC #8 Perle cotton #712 - cream
- DMC #12 Perle Cotton #712 - cream
- Needlepoint Inc. #0973 - grey brown
- Mill Hill petite beads #40557 - gold
- Mill Hill seed beads #03003 - cranberry
Additional Materials Needed
- 28ct Cashel Linen, 'Cream'
- #24 tapestry needle
- #10 short beading needle
Copyright Reminder: As a quick reminder, all of our PDF patterns are copyright protected and – as with all our patterns – are not permitted to be copied or distributed. We appreciate you sharing links here with your friends rather than sharing the actual PDFs :) Thank you!
Payment & Security
Su información de pago se procesa de forma segura. No almacenamos los detalles de la tarjeta de crédito ni tenemos acceso a la información de su tarjeta de crédito.