All three newest ornaments are perfect for your Spring decorations, or substitute the pastel buttons with red ones and add to your collection of Christmas tree ornaments! There is a beautiful hen looking forward to sweet Spring grasses and warm sunshine surrounded by pine wreath separated by tiny red buttons, and two cute tiny chicks in smaller tartlet tins! They are just adorable, surrounded by their own wreath with peach and yellow tiny buttons. Cathy used 3 shiny tart tins - 1 large, and 2 small, and these little farmyard babies will look so cute finished that way!
In olden days, you could always find a Tinsmith working to create candleholders, pails, and other essential tools. Cathy has used the same shiny metal tart tins to finish her ornaments so they look authentically rustic.
All Tartlet ornaments are quick and easy to stitch to keep or give as gifts. They are designed with gentle overdyed cottons and many different silks in soft shades. Stitch and finish in tartlet tins as Cathy Jean did, or use your own imagination!
Farmyard Chicks Ornaments - Hen
- Design area: 32h x 33w (2.3”high x 2.35”wide)
- Model: 28ct Cashel Linen, 'Dirty Linen'
- Cut fabric: 5.5"h X 5.5"w
Farmyard Chicks Ornaments - Chicks
- Design area: 19h x 19w (1.35" high x 1.35" wide)
Model: 28ct Cashel Linen, 'Dirty Linen'
- Cut Fabric: 4.5"h x 4.5"w
- Gentle Art Sampler Threads - Black Crow (blacks)
- Gentle Art Sampler Threads - Gingersnap (coppers med)
- Gentle Art Sampler Threads - Gold Leaf (gold)
- Gentle Art Sampler Threads - Ohio Lemon Pie (yellows med)
- Gentle Art Sampler Threads - Buckeye Scarlet (reds)
- Gentle Art Sampler Threads - Daffodil (yellows lt)
- Gentle Art Sampler Threads - Nutmeg (copper lt)
- Gentle Art Sampler Threads - Oatmeal (creamy white)
- Gentle Art Sampler Threads - Baby Spinach (greens)
- Gentle Art Sampler Threads - Bittersweet (oranges)
- Gentle Art Sampler Threads - Sarsaparilla (copper dk)
- Weeks #2224 - Squash (yellows dk)
- SJ Designs petite bead #1838 - gunmetal
- Micro Mini Round Buttons - red
- Micro Mini Round Buttons - orange
- Micro Mini Round Buttons - yellow
Additional Materials Needed:
- 28ct Cashel Linen, 'Dirty Linen'
- #24 tapestry needle
- #10 beading needle
- tart tins
- Tart Tin Ornament: Cut a round piece of 4 ply mat board 2 1/2" in diameter. Glue quilt batting on mat board, let dry and trim.
- Note: For extra loft place a smaller piece of batting down first then the larger piece on top. Center the design over batting side of matboard and anchor with straight pins. Clip curving corners, and glue raw edges on back of mat board. Let dry for 2 - 4 hours. Glue a 1 1/2" x 1" x 3/4" piece of styrofoam in the bottom of the tin. Spread a thin layer of glue on the wrong side of matboard. Place stretched design glue side down inside the tart tin on top of the styrofoam. Let dry 2 - 4 hours. Glue ribbon to back of tart tin for the hanger.
- Ornament: Cut two pieces of matboard about 1/8" larger than stitched design. Glue quilt batting on each piece of matboard, let dry and trim. Center the design over batting and anchor with straight pins. Clip curving corners, glue raw edges on back of mat board. Repeat on second piece of matboard using a fabric of your choice. Glue both pieces wrong sides together. Glue cording around outside edges to finish off. Making a hanger at the top and tassel at bottom.
- Greeting Card: apply a piece of iron-on interfacing to the back, trim the fabric to size and insert.
Copyright Reminder: As a quick reminder, all of our PDF patterns are copyright protected and – as with all our patterns – are not permitted to be copied or distributed. We appreciate you sharing links here with your friends rather than sharing the actual PDFs :) Thank you!
Payment & Security
Su información de pago se procesa de forma segura. No almacenamos los detalles de la tarjeta de crédito ni tenemos acceso a la información de su tarjeta de crédito.