This gorgeous Christmas stocking features this traditional Mistletoe Christmas greenery to give us hope of a new year full of happiness and togetherness. The name at the top can of course be changed, but Linda has dedicated this stocking to her friend Hope. The Misteltoe plant has lately been the subject of much study, and has turned out to be a plant of hope too, it helps preserve birds and other plants in the wild. Mistletoe has been commonly used as a Christmas decoration for generations.
In English speaking countries, it was originally hung all through the year to preserve the house from fire or lightning. Now, according to custom, a man and woman who meet under the hanging mistletoe are expected to kiss! :) For this stocking Linda has used delicious silks in burgundy, green and white with lots of metallic gold accents, and three delightful filling stitches for Hardanger blocks, as well as some lovely silk ribbon and elegant specialty stitch bands. Enjoy stitching this Stocking and Fob!
- Design Area: 146w x 236h (10.4" wide x 16.8" h)
- Model: 28ct Taupe Cashel Linen (Cut fabric - 15"w X 21"h for stocking finishing)
LR03P Mistletoe Stocking Pack
- Kreinik #4 Braid #102 - vatican gold
- Gloriana silk #156 “Bordeaux” - burgundy
- Caron Waterlilies #169 “Moss” - greens
- Kreinik Mori #8000 - white
- Needlepoint Inc. #0981 - tan
- Needlepoint Inc. #0324 - blue green
- TRW 4mm silk ribbon #20 “Bordello”
- Mill Hill seed bead #03003 - cranberry
- Mill Hill seed bead #03021 - cream
- Mill Hill magnifica glass bead #10076 - gold
- SJ Designs 2.5mm pearl bead - white
#SPCwhite-8 and #SPCwhite-12 Packs
- These two special packs of white Perle Cottons for you to stitch the Hardanger and weaving.
Extra Materials Needed:
- Tapestry Needle,
- Beading Needle
- Stitches used in this Project:
- Satin Stitches
- Alternating Smyrnas
- Rhodes Heart
- Leaf Stitches
- Dove's Eyelets
- Divided Bars
- Lazy Daisy
- Tiny Smyrna Cross
- Curled V in a Fan
Payment & Security
Vos informations de paiement sont gérées de manière sécurisée. Nous ne stockons ni ne pouvons récupérer votre numéro de carte bancaire.