Dragonfly Lace ...
SAMPLER OR BOX TOP
See how easy it is to learn how to make your very own exquisite dragonfly, with wings so real they look ready to fly! This shimmering emerald green dragonfly rests near a floating bed of lovely silk overdyed waterlilies on a gorgeous bed of whitework! Beautifully highlighted with shimmering beads and gold pearls… it really takes your breath away! Stumpwork is all the rage, and this design makes it easy! It is suitable for intermediate specialty stitchers who are familiar with charts and diagrams of counted thread work on linen. You will also explore Basic Hardanger techniques like Kloster Blocks, Algerian Eye, Weaving, Dove’s Eyes, Greek Crosses, and also more intermediate techniques like Foursided Pulled Stitches and Double Herringbone Drawn Thread work. You will learn to build the Stumpwork Dragonfly step by step and you can see for yourself how easy it is to make and attach the wings. Some of you may recognize this design in other colours in the Dragonfly Lace Cyberclass online, but to show you how, I’ve changed the colours of the dragonfly wings, the body, and the water lilies to create a whole new look for this design! I’ve also framed it with rich colours to emphasize the jewel like nature of the new colours. Feel free to sign up for the Cyberclass if you’d like extra help, and come and join us to learn to make this elegant and timeless keepsake for yourself! Happy Stitching !
Dragonfly Lace Sampler Acc Pack
- Design Area: 70w x 70h
- Model: 32ct Flax or Confederate Grey Belfast Linen: 4.5" wide x 4.5" high. (Cut 10" X 10" for framing).
- Fits easily into a 5" x 5" Sudberry box top
ACCESSORY PACK: Ask for the Dragonfly Lace Sampler accessory pack at participating needlework shops. This pack contains plenty of threads and materials to complete the sampler!
Dragonfly Accessory Pack
- Q R Ribbon #6944-02 purple/mauve/pink
- Thread Gatherer SNC #029 “Grape
- Melange” - multi purple,pink
- Kreinik Mori #0513 - grey green
- Kreinik Mori #4164 - bright green med
- Kreinik Mori #4166 - green dk
- Access Au ver a Soie #1344 - purple dk
- Kreinik #4 Braid #009 - metallic green dk
- Kreinik Cable - #002P metallic gold
- SJ Designs seed bead #059P - silver plated rainbow
- SJ Designs seed bead #002 - black
- SJ Designs petite bead #1844 - mauve
- SJ Designs 2mm pearl bead #GP2 - gold
- 28 gauge gold florist's wire
- Steam a Seam 2 - double sided fusible web
Extra Materials Needed:
- 32ct Confederate Grey Belfast Linen
- DMC #8 Perle Cotton #712 - cream (on Flax) or white (on Conf.Grey)
- DMC #12 Perle Cotton #712 - cream (on Flax) or white (on Conf.Grey)
- #24 tapestry needle
- #10 short beading needle
Stitches used in this Sampler:
- Kloster Blocks
- Algerian Eyelets
- Divided Wrapped Bars
- Dove's Eyes
- Greek Crosses
- Foursided Stitch
- Double Herringbone Drawn Thread
- Cross Stitch
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.