When to the flowers beautiful, the Father gave a name,
Back came a little blue-eyed one, all timidly it came.
And standing at the Father’s feet and gazing at his face,
It said in low and trembling tones, but with a modest grace,
Dear God, the name Thou gavest me, alas I have forgot!
Kindly the Father looked him down, and said Forget-me-not.
~ by Emily Bruce Roelofson, Cincinatti, OH
Beautiful Sampler! I’ve always loved this sweet poem, and adore the tiny Forget-me-not flowers it is based on. I designed this delicate sampler to celebrate these tiny spring flowers and to capture the feelings of new growth and new beginnings. At the top you see a small bouquet of flowers using some specialty stitches and surrounded with lovely cutwork Hardanger. Below are several lovely bands of lacy floral stitches, each special in its own way, using soft greens and gorgeous lavender, pink, soft yellows, and blues. At the bottom of the sampler you can see a band of Hardanger with beautiful woven patterns,and a lovely band of flowers, as well as a large bouquet of Forget-me-nots tied with a silk ribbon bow. Among these specialty bands, you’ll find Lazy Daisy Stitches, French Knots, Buillion Knots, Smyrna Crosses, Diamond Flower Stitch, Queen Stitches, Square Rhodes, Scotch Stitches, Satin Stitches, Long Arm Crosses, and Partial Diamond Eyelets. The Hardanger stitches include Kloster Blocks, Algerian Eyelets, Dove’s Eyelets and Square Filets. These stitches are a wonderful challenge, but not too difficult for most stitchers. Enjoy stitching this sampler so you will forget-me-not! - Linda
- Design Areas: 218h x 78w (15.6"h x 5.6"w)
- Model: 28ct Light Mocha Cashel Linen: (Cut 12" X 22" for finishing).
LR02P Forget-me-not Acc Pack
- Spool of Kreinik #4 Braid #102 - vatican gold
- Gloriana #134 “Summer Smoke” - pink, blue, green, gold
- Caron Waterlilies #038 “Morning Mist” - pink, lavender
- DMC Floss #745 - yellow lt pale
- DMC Floss #3363 - pine green med
- Kreinik Mori #6123 - lavender lt
- Kreinik Mori #7124 - cream
- Kreinik Mori #8000 - white
- Needlepoint Inc. #0755 - pink dk
- 4mm silk ribbon #022 - mauve
- Gloriana silk #071 “Winter Brook” - blue, greens
- Caron Waterlilies #224 ‘Tiramisu” - cream, pinks
- Kreinik Mori #1092 - pink lt
- Kreinik Mori #6124 - lavender med
- Kreinik Mori #8055 - grey brown
- Access Au ver a Soie #2611 - yellow
- Needlepoint Inc. #0742 - blue
- Needlepoint Inc. #0981 - tan lt
- Mill Hill petite beads - #40557 - gold
- Mill Hill petite beads - #42027 - champagne
#SPC712-8 and #SPC712-12
- These two special packs of 712 Perle Cottons for you to stitch the Hardanger and weaving.
Extra Materials Needed:
- Tapestry Needle, Beading Needle and #7 Straw Milliner's Needle.
Stitches used in this Project:
- Satin Stitches
- Bullion Knots
- Kloster Blocks
- Square Filets
- Dove's Eyelets
- Algerian Eyelets
- Long Arm Cross
- Herringbone Stitch
- Rhodes Butterfly
- Lazy Daisy
- Smyrna Cross
- French Knots
- Square Rhodes
- French Knots
- Scotch Stitch
- Queen Stitch
- Partial Diamond Eyelets
- Diamond Flower
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.