Part 10 of the Gingerbread Christmas Village Series This delicious Gingerbread Flower Shop is the 10th addition to the Gingerbread Village; including the Tree Etui, the Stitching House, Church, Candy Cane Cottage, Bakery, Haunted House, Needlework Shop, Quilt Shop, and Retreat Cottage, this little Gingerbread Flower Shop looks positively European with its striped awnings and colourful floral display! At the front of the shop, you’ll see buckets full of cut flowers, a topiary tree with French Knot blossoms, a potted Christmas Tree and a potted Sunflower, while the shopkeeper brings out a flat of forget-me-nots. On the back, you see more staff working at their potting counter where there are a variety of flowers. On the two sides are fantasy specialty stitched flowers to learn to stitch! The roof is decorated with white buttons and Cross Stitched snow patterns, and there are a few lovely vines under the eaves. You will be stitching with yummy silk flosses, Perle Cottons, silk ribbon, sparkling beads and delicious looking ‘candy’ buttons. This building was not lined, which makes finishing easier and faster! Finishing instructions and colour photos are included at the end of this leaflet. Look for more Gingerbread Village additions in future years! -Thea
Gingerbread Flower Shop Fabric Layout is in the Leaflet
(Note: All pieces made from 28ct Gingerbread Coloured linen can be stitched on a piece approx 14" wide x 17" high. The fabric layout is in the leaflet.
Cut approx 12"w x 7"h linen for both roofs. The darker the colour of the linen, the more the hardanger will stand out, but it's a bit more challenging to stitch on.
- Shop Front/Back x 2: 60w x 49h (4.3” w x 3.5” h) CUT: 7.5” w x 6.5” h
- Shop Side x 2: 36w x 34h (2.6” w x 2.4” h) CUT: 5.5” w x 5.5” h
- Shop Roof x 2: 36w x 36h (2.6” w x 2.6” h) CUT: 5 1/2” w x 5 1/2” h
- Dinky Dyes #106 “Billabong" - blues
- Dinky Dyes 4mm silk ribbon - green
- Kreinik Mori #1117 - red
- Needlepoint Inc. #155 - blue green dk
- Needlepoint Inc. #355 - green med dk
- Needlepoint Inc. #473 - yellow
- Needlepoint Inc. #721 - terra cotta
- Needlepoint Inc. #800 - pink
- YLI 4mm silk ribbon #147 - yellow
- Kreinik Mori #0103 - flesh
- Kreinik Mori #2066 - orange
- Needlepoint Inc. #304 - brown
- Needlepoint Inc. #455 - purple
- Needlepoint Inc. #564 - turquoise
- Needlepoint Inc. #645 - blue green med
- Mill Hill seed bead #00553 - mulberry
- Mill Hill seed bead #02033 - brilliant orange
- SJ Designs seed bead #11013 - ruby
- SJ Designs seed bead #11045 - sapphire
- SJ Designs seed bead #11099 - wine iridescent
- Small Flower Button - red
- Tiny Round Button - white
- Small Heart Button - red
- Micro Mini Round Button - hot pink
- Micro Mini Round Button - orange
- Micro Mini Round Button - purple
- Micro Mini Round Button - yellow
Sorting Threads in your Accessory Pack
Remember to sort in daylight near a window, not under artificial light indoors, as the colours change with the colour of the light bulbs we use. Packaged in Bundles for easier sorting!!! :) To make your thread sorting much easier, we have sorted your fibers into bundles within the Accessory Pack. Each of these bundles contains at least one easily identifiable thread so you can tell which bundle is which. Each floss has a different number of strands in each thread length. This helps you differentiate the different colours in your pack. Needlepoint Inc. silk floss has 8 strands per length The Kreinik Mori has 6 strands per length The Gloriana Overdyed Silk has 12 thin strands per length. Dinky Dyes has 6 strands per length. FYI: We noticed that some colours have been divided into two lengths. This can happen if a colour requires 1.5 yards. Our kit maker might include one 1 yard length and one 0.5 yard length, so don't get confused if one colour has more than one length of thread. We hope this extra information will help you sort your threads more easily!
Black and White Accessory Pack
Black and white silk flosses - enough floss to stitch the entire Flower Shop.
Additional Materials Needed:
- Picture This Plus 28ct Cashel Linen - "Gingerbread" & "Herald"
- DMC #8 Perle Cotton (thick twist) - white
- #24 tapestry needle
- #26 tapestry needle
- #10 short beading needle
- Cross Stitch
- Back Stitch
- Satin Stitch
- Cross Stitch over ONE fabric thread
- Lazy Daisy Stitch
- Japanese Ribbon Stitch
- Modified Diamond Eyelet
- French Knot
- Queen Stitch
- Bullion Knot
- Eyelet Flower
Copyright Reminder: As a quick reminder, all of our PDF patterns are copyright protected and – as with all our patterns – are not permitted to be copied or distributed. We appreciate you sharing links here with your friends rather than sharing the actual PDFs :) Thank you!
Payment & Security
Su información de pago se procesa de forma segura. No almacenamos los detalles de la tarjeta de crédito ni tenemos acceso a la información de su tarjeta de crédito.