Collect all five Tartlet Ornament Charts by Cathy Jean!
NEW! All three newest ornaments are perfect for your Spring decorations, or substitute the pastel buttons with red ones included in your Acc Pack, and add to your collection of Christmas tree ornaments. There is a beautiful hen looking forward to sweet Spring grasses and warm sunshine surrounded by pine wreath separated by tiny red buttons, and two cute tiny chicks.. in smaller tartlet tins! They are just adorable, and surrounded by their own wreath with peach and yellow tiny buttons. Cathy's used 3 shiny tart tins - 1 large, and 2 small, and these little farmyard babies will look so cute finished that way! All ornaments are quick and easy to stitch and finish in Tartlet Tins available in their own “Tartlet 1 + 2-Pack”. In the main Accessory Pack you’ll find all the threads, beads, with all 3 colours of tiny pastel AND red buttons, your choice!
In olden days, you could always find a Tinsmith working to create candleholders, pails, and other essential tools. Cathy has used the same shiny metal tart tins to finish her ornaments so they look SubmitauthenticallSubmit y rustic. Stitch all 3 Farmyard Babies in this chart and finish using our Tart Tins. In the main Accessory Pack you’ll find all the threads, beads and tiny pastel AND red buttons and in the Tartlet Pack you'll find three Tartlet tins to help you finish!
- Tart Tin Ornament: Cut a round piece of 4 ply mat board 2 1/2" in diameter. Glue quilt batting on mat board, let dry and trim.
- Note: For extra loft place a smaller piece of batting down first then the larger piece on top. Center the design over batting side of matboard and anchor with straight pins. Clip curving corners, and glue raw edges on back of mat board. Let dry for 2 - 4 hours. Glue a 1 1/2" x 1" x 3/4" piece of styrofoam in the bottom of the tin. Spread a thin layer of glue on the wrong side of matboard. Place stretched design glue side down inside the tart tin on top of the styrofoam. Let dry 2 - 4 hours. Glue ribbon to back of tart tin for the hanger.
- Ornament: Cut two pieces of matboard about 1/8" larger than stitched design. Glue quilt batting on each piece of matboard, let dry and trim. Center the design over batting and anchor with straight pins. Clip curving corners, glue raw edges on back of mat board. Repeat on second piece of matboard using a fabric of your choice. Glue both pieces wrong sides together. Glue cording around outside edges to finish off. Making a hanger at the top and tassel at bottom.
- Greeting Card: apply a piece of iron-on interfacing to the back, trim the fabric to size and insert.
Farmyard Babies Ornaments
- Design area: 32h x 33w (2.3”h x 2.35” w)
- Model: 28ct Dirty Linen Cashel Linen
- (Cut fabric: 5.5" h X 5.5" w)
CJVS70 "Farmyard Chicks' Acc Pack
(enough to stitch 3 ornaments)
- Gentle Art - Black Crow (blacks)
- Gentle Art - Gingersnap (coppers med)
- Gentle Art - Gold Leaf (gold)
- Gentle Art - Ohio Lemon Pie (yellows med)
- Gentle Art - Buckeye Scarlet (reds)
- Gentle Art - Daffodil (yellows lt)
- Gentle Art - Nutmeg (copper lt)
- Gentle Art - Oatmeal (creamy white)
- Gentle Art - Baby Spinach (greens)
- Gentle Art - Bittersweet (oranges)
- Gentle Art - Sarsaparilla (copper dk)
- Weeks #2224 - Squash (yellows dk)
- SJ Designs petite bead #1838 - gunmetal
- Micro Mini Round Buttons - red
- Micro Mini Round Buttons - orange
- Micro Mini Round Buttons - yellow
All Tartlet ornaments are quick and easy to stitch to keep or give as gifts. They are designed with gentle overdyed cottons and many different silks in soft shades. Stitch and finish in tartlet tins as Cathy Jean did, or use your own imagination! Collect ALL four.. and enjoy stitching your Woodland Babies this Christmas!
CJCTP2 - Tartlet Tins Three-PACK
- Contains 1 Large and 2 small Tart Tins to complete three ornaments in this chart !
Extra Materials Needed:
- 28ct Zweigart 'Dirty Linen' Cashel Linen and tapestry needles.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.