This gorgeous Christmas stocking features this traditional Mistletoe Christmas greenery to give us hope of a new year full of happiness and togetherness. The name at the top can of course be changed, but Linda has dedicated this stocking to her friend Hope. The Mistletoe plant has lately been the subject of much study, and has turned out to be a plant of hope too, it helps preserve birds and other plants in the wild. Mistletoe has been commonly used as a Christmas decoration for generations. In English speaking countries, it was originally hung all through the year to preserve the house from fire or lightning. Now, according to custom, a man and woman who meet under the hanging mistletoe are expected to kiss! :) For this stocking Linda has used delicious silks in burgundy, green and white with lots of metallic gold accents, and three delightful filling stitches for Hardanger blocks, as well as some lovely silk ribbon and elegant specialty stitch bands. Enjoy stitching this Stocking and Fob!
- Design Area: 146w x 236h (10.4" wide x 16.8" high)
- Model: 28ct Cashel Linen, 'Taupe'
- Cut fabric: - 15"wide X 21"high for stocking finishing
- Design Area: 27w x 27h (1.9" wide x 1.9" high)
Model: 28ct Cashel Linen. 'Taupe'
Cut fabric: 5"wide x 5"high
- Kreinik #4 Braid #102 - vatican gold
- Kreinik Mori #8000 - white
- Gloriana silk #156 “Bordeaux” - burgundy
- Caron Waterlilies #169 “Moss” - greens
- Needlepoint Inc. #0981 - tan
- Needlepoint Inc. #0324 - blue green
- TRW 4mm silk ribbon #20 “Bordello”
- DMC #8 Perle Cotton - white
- DMC #12 Perle Cotton - white
- Mill Hill seed bead #03003 - cranberry
- Mill Hill seed bead #03021 - cream
- Mill Hill magnifica glass bead #10076 - gold
- SJ Designs 2.5mm pearl bead - white
- 28ct Cashel Linen, 'Taupe'
- #24 Tapestry Needle
- #10 short Beading Needle
Copyright Reminder: As a quick reminder, all of our PDF patterns are copyright protected and – as with all our patterns – are not permitted to be copied or distributed. We appreciate you sharing links here with your friends rather than sharing the actual PDFs :) Thank you!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.