Collect all 4 of Cathy Jean's new Tartlet Ornaments!
The sweet little baby Bunny, Chipmunk and Raccoon are waiting for you to stitch for Christmas! Baby Squirrel is in the JCS ornament issue, and all are the same size and finished the same way, in our Tiny Tartlet Tins..! Each one of these adorable baby Submitanimals are waiting for their own Christmas in the snow, surrounded by a wreath of fir boughs separated by tiny red buttons!
In the olden days, you could always find a Tinsmith working to create candleholders, pails, and other essential tools. Cathy has used the same shiny metal tart tins to finish her ornaments so they look authentically rustic. Stitch all 3 Woodland Babies in this chart, and the matching squirrel from the 2011 JCS Ornament Issue and finish using our Tart Tins. In the main Accessory Pack you’ll find all the threads, beads and tiny red buttons and in the Tartlet Pack you'll find four Tartlet tins to finish!
All Tartlet ornaments are quick and easy to stitch to keep or give as gifts. They are designed with gentle overdyed cottons and many different silks in soft shades. Stitch and finish in tartlet tins as Cathy Jean did, or use your own imagination! Collect ALL four.. and enjoy stitching your Woodland Babies this Christmas!
CORRECTION FOR LEAFLET:
- Tart Tin Ornament: Cut a round piece of 4 ply mat board 2 1/2" in diameter. Glue quilt batting on mat board, let dry and trim.
- Note: For extra loft place a smaller piece of batting down first then the larger piece on top. Center the design over batting side of matboard and anchor with straight pins. Clip curving corners, and glue raw edges on back of mat board. Let dry for 2 - 4 hours. Glue a 1 1/2" x 1" x 3/4" piece of styrofoam in the bottom of the tin. Spread a thin layer of glue on the wrong side of matboard. Place stretched design glue side down inside the tart tin on top of the styrofoam. Let dry 2 - 4 hours. Glue ribbon to back of tart tin for the hanger.
- Ornament: Cut two pieces of matboard about 1/8" larger than stitched design. Glue quilt batting on each piece of matboard, let dry and trim. Center the design over batting and anchor with straight pins. Clip curving corners, glue raw edges on back of mat board. Repeat on second piece of matboard using a fabric of your choice. Glue both pieces wrong sides together. Glue cording around outside edges to finish off. Making a hanger at the top and tassel at bottom.
- Greeting Card: apply a piece of iron-on interfacing to the back, trim the fabric to size and insert.
All Woodland Baby Ornaments use:
- Design area: 32h x 33w (2.3”h x 2.35” w)
- Model: 28ct Dirty Linen Cashel Linen
- (Cut fabric: 5.5" h X 5.5" w)
CJVS54 "Woodland Babies Acc Pack
(enough to stitch 3 ornaments only)
- Gentle Art - Baby Spinach (greens)
- Gentle Art - Buckeye Scarlet (reds)
- Gentle Art - Maple Syrup (browns med)
- Gentle Art - Nutmeg
- Gentle Art - Oatmeal (creamy white)
- Weeks #3910 - Mascara (blacks)
- Gentle Art - Copper
- Gentle Art - Cinnamon (red browns med)
- Gentle Art - Harvest Basket (golden brown)
- Gentle Art - Picket Fence (white)
- Weeks #1268 - Molasses (brown vy dk)
- Gentle Art - Sable (browns med dk)
- Gentle Art - Sarsaparilla (red browns dk)
- Gentle Art - Straw Bonnet (creams)
- Gentle Art - Tea Rose (pinks)
- Weeks #2239 - Terra Cotta
- SJ Designs petite bead #1838 - gunmetal
- Micro Mini Round Buttons - red
CJCTP - Tartlet Tins Four-PACK
- Contains 4 Tart Tins to complete three in this chart and 1 extra for the Squirrel Baby ornament in the JCS 2011 ornament issue!
Extra Materials Needed:
- 28ct Zweigart 'Dirty Linen' Cashel Linen and tapestry needles.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.