Register here to sign up for "Introduction to Hardanger" course to learn the basic Hardanger techniques Thea uses in the included PDF pattern "Rose Pillow". Included in this Course are:
- 17 video lessons based on the Rose Pillow pattern
- Downloadable PDF - Rose Pillow Pattern included!
- Hardanger Basics - valuable hints and tricks to use as you stitch
- Membership in dedicated private Facebook student group
Level: Beginner Hardanger
Prerequisite: This online course assumes you know how to work Counted Cross Stitch Linen. If you are new to linen, or have only stitched on Aida, we recommend our “Introduction to Cross Stitch on Linen” Course which includes a small downloadable pattern as well.
Contents: In this course, you will learn the following Stitches and Techniques:
- Kloster Blocks
- Algerian Eyelets
- Cutting Techniques
- Cutting First Aid
- Weaving Bars
- Dove's Eyelets
- Square Filets
- Wrapping Divided Bars
- Finishing the Pillow
Learning Goals: At the end of this course you will know all the Basic Stitches and Techniques to complete the Rose Pillow and to be able to stitch different Hardanger projects more easily!
Addons: Before you register, there are a few other items that you may want to add to your Cart.
- Check the Accessory Pack materials list to see what you might need. You will need some 28 count linen, some flosses and perle cottons. (Accessory Pack is available separately also).
- The Scissors on our site are the best reasonably priced Hardanger scissors we could find.. excellent point to the blades, and extra sharp blades for cutting. There are other scissors on our site as well.. all equally good for Hardanger cutting! Use our search feature to find different colours of scissors.
- The Introduction to Hardanger Accessory Pack, contains enough flosses to finish the lovely Rose Pillow. (Perle Cottons not included in Acc Pack).
- Optional: buy the Full Student Kit, which includes a PRINTED version of the pattern (same as included in the course as a downloadable PDF). You will also get the evenweave fabric, Perle Cottons, flosses, and tapestry needles. This Full Student Kit is for students who don’t have any materials at all.
About the Rose Pillow Design:
There are 5 different small Hardanger designs in this course. The first square is on a little Pincushion is meant to be stitched first, so you can learn the Kloster Block stitching without having to worry about cutting fabric threads. The Pillow has 4 separate blocks each including a different Hardanger Heart.
The other four squares are finished as a Pillow. In each pillow square you will learn to cut, withdraw threads, and work the needle-weaving, progressing step-by-step. The little roses are Cross Stitched with luscious silk flosses and the Hardanger is stitched with 2 different sizes of white Perle Cotton. The models are stitched on both white and tea dyed linen, and we’ve used some special sparkling metallic threads, buttons and silks for the embroidery.
Finishing instructions to create the two pillows, both small and large, are also included. You can also turn the squares into box tops or greeting cards! There are endless ways to use these sweet designs.. each one pretty enough to give to your friends or family! All stitch and finishing videos are available in this Victoria Sampler Academy Course so you can learn along with Thea! Start learning today!
NOTE: This course expires July 31st, 2022
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.