Register here to Sign up for Victoria Sampler Level One Course to learn the basic Specialty Stitches Thea uses in her exquisite Sampler designs. Included in this Level One Course are:
- 10 video lessons based on the Beyond Cross Stitch series of learning kits.
- Stitching Basics - valuable hints to use as you stitch
- 10 PDF patterns so you can stitch along with Thea as she teaches each Specialty Stitch!
Prerequisite: This online course assumes you know how to work Counted Cross Stitch Linen . If you are new to linen, or have only stitched on Aida, we recommend our “Introduction to Cross Stitch on Linen” Course which includes a free downloadable pattern as well.
Contents: In this course, you will learn the following beginner counted stitches:
- Rice stitch
- Scotch stitch
- Rhodes stitch
- Smyrna cross stitch
- Algerian eye stitch
- Herringbone stitch
- Sheaf stitch
- Ray stitch
- Montenegrin stitch
- Plait stitch
Learning Goals: At the end of this course you will know every specialty stitch in Level One! All 10 Beyond Cross Stitch Level 1 downloadable PDF patterns included in the series are:
- The Holly and The Ivy - Rice Stitch
- Angels we Have Heard - Scotch Stitch
- Silent Night - Rhodes Stitch
- O, Christmas Tree - Smyrna Cross Stitch
- We Wish You - Algerian Eyelet Stitch
- Happy Birthday - Herringbone Stitch
- Happy Mother’s Day - Sheaf Stitch
- Thinking of You - Ray Stitch
- Friends in Stitches - Montenegrin Stitch
- Celebrate! - Plait Stitch
When you enter your Academy class, you will find a Teacher's welcome, and a general Stitching FAQ as a downloadable PDF for you to refer to. Then, at the start of each video lesson, Thea will first show you the BCS Level One pattern that she is stitching. You will be able to download it, and use your own materials to follow along with that lesson's specialty stitch! Being able to follow along with your own floss and materials will make this class totally immersive and so exciting!
Our Classroom Assistant, Donna G., has already done the Cross Stitches of each pattern at the start of each video lesson. Thea recommends that you prepare for each lesson by working the Cross Stitches in each Student Kit before you view the matching video Lesson. That way you can enjoy stitching along with Thea as she shows you how to count out and stitch each Specialty Stitch.
With the Level 1 PDF patterns, you can make a quilt.. or several pillows, or box tops or greeting cards! There are endless ways to use these sweet designs.. each one pretty enough to give to your friends or family!
NOTE: This course now expires March 31st, 2022
Payment & Security
Su información de pago se procesa de forma segura. No almacenamos los detalles de la tarjeta de crédito ni tenemos acceso a la información de su tarjeta de crédito.