F08 Beautiful Finishing 8
Christmas Crackers !
Learn Lisa’s expert finishing secrets to create four adorable new Christmas Crackers I designed just for you. Have you ever wanted to learn how to make Needlerolls? These are tiny, but just as cute as the larger ones.. so cute, you’ll want to do more than one! Each Needleroll Ornament is stitched using rich colours of overdyed silks, silk flosses, Perle Cottons, and many beads and buttons.. they will look absolutely gorgeous! Each of the rolls displays a special tiny sampler and each sampler features one of the following; an angel, a snowman, a santa, and a gingerbread man. Stitching these are fun, quick and easy and at the back of this leaflet you’ll find some excellent finishing instructions with step-by-step colour photos. Please follow these instructions carefully to get a great result for each one! You can use this finishing method for any needleroll design, no matter how big or small it is. Just be sure to adjust the measurements of the fabric.
You might want to finish stitching your ornaments all at one time, as it will be easier to complete each of the finishing steps for all similar pieces together. Victoria Sampler provides an Accessory Pack for all four Christmas Crackers, so you can easily find the threads, beads and other charms or tiny mini-buttons used. You can add a hanger during the last step of adding ribbons, or you can just place the crackers on your tree branches, where they will lie nicely. These lovely Crackers will look gorgeous on your Christmas Tree for years to come. See how easy Beautiful Finishing really is! - Thea
Linen Measurements for all Four Cracker Ornaments..
- Design Area for Angel Cracker Design: 42w x 28h (3" w x 2"h) Model: 28ct Willow Green Cashel LinenCut Fabric: 6"w x 8"h for finishing!
- Design Area for Snowman Cracker Design: 42w x 27h (3" w x 1.9"h) Model: 28ct Misty Blue Cashel Linen Cut Fabric: 6"w x 8"h for finishing!
- Design Area for Santa Cracker Design: 42w x 27h (3" w x 1.9"h) Model: 28ct Raw Cashel Linen Cut Fabric: 6"w x 8"h for finishing!
- Design Area for Angel Cracker Design: 42w x 28h (3" w x 2"h) Model: 28ct Dirty Linen Cashel Linen Cut Fabric: 6"w x 8"h for finishing!
These four cute "Christmas Cracker" designs lend themselves to needleroll style of finishing. You will explore Basic stitches like Bargello, Cross Stitch over one and two threads, Diamond Eyelets, Herringbone, Smyrna Crosses, Arrowhead, Rhodes, Plait, Ray, Satin, Star, Alicia's Lace Stitch, French Knots, and of course adding beads and buttons to your special ornaments! All instructions are included, along with step-by-step colour photographs, so you too can work the hemstitched edges, and assemble the needlerolls easily![js-tabs] [js-tab title='AccPack']
F08P - Beautiful Finishing 8
Christmas Crackers Accessory Pack
Ask for the Beautiful Finishing 8 - Accessory Pack at participating needlework shops. This pack contains plenty of threads, buttons and beads to complete all four of the ornaments shown on the front cover!
Beautiful Finishing 8 - Accessory Pack Contains:
- Access Soie Perlee #creme - cream
- Gloriana silk #087 “Forest” - multi greens
- Kreinik Mori #0433 - green lt
- Kreinik Mori #1117 - red
- Access Au ver a Soie #3826 - golden brown
- Needlepoint Inc. #0322 - grey blue med
- DMC #12 Perle Cotton#676 - old gold lt
- Wildflowers #025 “Holiday”
- Dinky Dyes #069 “Swan Valley” blue greens
- Kreinik Mori #8000 - white
- Access Au ver a Soie #3043 - flesh
- Needlepoint Inc. #0561 - blue lt
- Needlepoint Inc. #0765 - caramel
- Kreinik #4 Braid #002 gold
- Kreinik Mori #2066 - orange
- Kreinik Mori #4044 - turquoise
- Kreinik Mori #4216 - olive green dk
- Kreinik Mori #8050 - black
- DMC #12 Perle Cotton #712 - cream
- DMC #12 Perle Cotton - white
- Offray 1/8” satin ribbon - white
- Mill Hill petite bead #40557 - gold
- Mill Hill seed bead #00557 - gold
- SJ Designs seed bead #11013 - red
- SJ Designs 2mm pearl beads - white
- Tiny Heart beads - red Star Sequins - gold
- Micro Mini Round Buttons - orange, green, red, blue, yellow and purple
Suggested Extra Materials Needed for Finishing:
- Stitched designs
- 1 ball - DMC #12 Perle Cotton - white,
- 1 spool - cotton sewing thread (contrast to fabric),
- 1/8 yd - Iron-on medium weight interfacing,
- Polyester Fibre Fill,
- 1/8” wide Satin Ribbon - white (or colour of your choice),
- Straight Pins (silk pins),
- Rotary cutter,
- clear plastic ruler and cutting mat,
- sewing Needle,
- #24 tapestry needle,
- #10 beading needle
Stitches used in the three Gingerbread Ornaments:
- Cross Stitch
- Petit Point Cross
- Diamond Eyelets
- Herringbone Stitch
- Smyrna Crosses
- Smyrna Cross
- Buttons and Beads
- Arrowhead Stitch
- Rhodes Stitches
- French Knots
- Plait Stitch
- Ray Stitches
- Satin Stitches
- Star Stitches
- Alicia's Lace Stitch
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.