All three newest ornaments are perfect for your Spring decorations, or substitute the pastel buttons with red ones and add to your collection of Christmas tree ornaments. There is an adorable little baby goat who is looking forward to sweet Spring grasses and warm sunshine sitting among the tiny caramel buttons, a wee piglet is surrounded by a fir wreath and pastel mauve buttons, and a sweet baby lamb sits in the snowy grass and surrounded by a fir wreath and pastel pink buttons. In olden days, you could always find a Tinsmith working to create candleholders, pails, and other essential tools. Cathy has used the same shiny metal tart tins to finish her ornaments so they look authentically rustic. All Tartlet ornaments are quick and easy to stitch to keep or give as gifts. They are designed with gentle overdyed cottons and many different silks in soft shades. Stitch and finish in tartlet tins as Cathy Jean did, or use your own imagination!
Farmyard Babies Ornaments
- Design area: 32h x 33w (2.3”h x 2.35” w)
- Model: 28ct Cashel Linen, 'Dirty Linen'
- Cut fabric: 5.5"h X 5.5"w
- Gentle Art Sampler Threads - Baby Spinach (greens)
- Gentle Art Sampler Threads - Lambswool (tan-cream)
- Gentle Art Sampler Threads - Maple Syrup (browns)
- Gentle Art Sampler Threads - Picket Fence (white)
- Gentle Art Sampler Threads - Black Crow (blacks)
- Gentle Art Sampler Threads - Harvest Basket (tans)
- Gentle Art Sampler Threads - Nutmeg (copper)
- Gentle Art Sampler Threads - Oatmeal (creamy white)
- Gentle Art Sampler Threads - Sweet Petunia (pinks lt)
- Weeks #2279 - Sweetheart Rose (pinks dk)
- SJ Designs petite 1838 - gunmetal
- Micro Mini Round Buttons - pink
- Micro Mini Round Buttons - mauve
- Micro Mini Round Buttons - caramel
- Micro Mini Round Buttons - red (enough to do all three - optional)
- 28ct. Cashel Linen, 'Dirty Linen'
- #24 tapestry needle
- #10 short beading needle
- tart tins
- Tart Tin Ornament: Cut a round piece of 4 ply mat board 2 1/2" in diameter. Glue quilt batting on mat board, let dry and trim.
- Note: For extra loft place a smaller piece of batting down first then the larger piece on top. Center the design over batting side of matboard and anchor with straight pins. Clip curving corners, and glue raw edges on back of mat board. Let dry for 2 - 4 hours. Glue a 1 1/2" x 1" x 3/4" piece of styrofoam in the bottom of the tin. Spread a thin layer of glue on the wrong side of matboard. Place stretched design glue side down inside the tart tin on top of the styrofoam. Let dry 2 - 4 hours. Glue ribbon to back of tart tin for the hanger.
- Ornament: Cut two pieces of matboard about 1/8" larger than stitched design. Glue quilt batting on each piece of matboard, let dry and trim. Center the design over batting and anchor with straight pins. Clip curving corners, glue raw edges on back of mat board. Repeat on second piece of matboard using a fabric of your choice. Glue both pieces wrong sides together. Glue cording around outside edges to finish off. Making a hanger at the top and tassel at bottom.
- Greeting Card: apply a piece of iron-on interfacing to the back, trim the fabric to size and insert.
Copyright Reminder: As a quick reminder, all of our PDF patterns are copyright protected and – as with all our patterns – are not permitted to be copied or distributed. We appreciate you sharing links here with your friends rather than sharing the actual PDFs :) Thank you!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.