Fourth in the "Four Elements" series! The Green Earth is the last of the Four Elements Series. When I started, I decided against the colour brown for "earth"! It seemed that the many hues and shades of green would illustrate the concept of our bountiful earth so much more beautifully! Like Crystal Waters, the Green Earth is worked on pure white linen and features Hardanger hills backed with green, atop bands of hemstitching in conical shapes, pulled thread, various stitches that look like trees and leaves, and finally, a gently rolling Bargello hillside. There are petite sparkling gold beads, pearly white beads, and apple green accent beads. Gold metallic threads add contrast to this verdant sampler. Stitch it to capture your memories of walks, drives and picnics in the peaceful valleys of our wonderful green earth.
Design area: 114h x 46w (8" high x 3 1/4" wide)
Model: 28ct White Quaker Cloth
(Cut fabric: 14" high x 9" wide)
- N.N. #140 overdyed floss
- Caron Wildflowers "Pine Forest"
- Caron Wildflowers "Celadon"
- Kreinik Cable #002P - gold
- Kreinik #4 Braid #008 - green
- Mill Hill Petite Glass Bead #40557 gold
- Mill Hill Glass Bead #3007 teal
- Mill Hill Petite Glass Bead #00479 white
- S.J. Designs Beads #1809 petite apple green
- DMC #12 Perle Cotton - white
- DMC #8 Perle Cotton - white
- DMC flosses # 3348, 562, 369, 924, white
- 28ct Quaker Cloth OR Cashel Linen - white
- #24 tapestry needle
- #10 short beading needle
Stitches used in this Sampler:
- Cross Stitch
- Half Cross Stitch
- Kloster Blocks
- Woven Bars
- Divided Wrapped Bars
- Doves Eyes
- Three Sided Doves Eyes
- Straight Stitch
- Smyrna Cross Stitch
- Partial Diamond Eye Stitch
- Satin Stitch
- Plait Stitch
- Hemstitching with Four Sided Stitch
- Four Sided Stitch
- Fly Stitch
- Barrier Stitch
- Hemstitching with Bricking
- Lazy Daisy
Copyright Reminder: As a quick reminder, all of our PDF patterns are copyright protected and – as with all our patterns – are not permitted to be copied or distributed. We appreciate you sharing links here with your friends rather than sharing the actual PDFs :) Thank you!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.